Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Statement of Purpose


Some of my earliest memories involve a floor length mirror, a wardrobe and my mother's clothes. I would play for hours in her young professional lawyer clothes. Her shoes were too big and they slipped off my feet. I would wrap myself in her scarves and imagine that I was a princess in some far off land. I would admire her dresses and anticipate the day that I would have an occasion to wear beautiful clothes. I've outgrown my mother's clothes now (she's 5'3, I'm 5'8) but the style remains. This blog will document my relationship with style and aesthetics.

Some things you should know about me:

I wear lipstick because it makes me feel like old-fashioned.
I have to shop for high heels at drag queen shops. I've got size 11 feet and get completely shut out of the cute shoes world.
I have more than twenty fashion blogs bookmarked.
I make millions of lists. To-do lists, movies to watch lists, books to read lists. I feel like I'll go crazy if I don't write down everything I've got to do.
If you gave me a ticket to anywhere in the world, I would go. I don't care if it's North Dakota or Beijing or Paris. I just want to go everywhere.
If I'm wearing pants, it's because I'm having a bad day. Or because I was lazy. I hate wearing pants.

No comments: