Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Inspiration c/o Jil Sander



Jil Sander Spring 2011 RTW

This outfit is a perfect example of my plan for summer style. It's so simple and refreshing. I've grown tired of ornate winter ensembles. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with picking accessories. I'm still looking for a classic white t shirt. Why are simple designs so hard to find nowadays? I already own a breezy maxi skirt. It's a floral design, a great find from a Minneapolis thrift store. All I need is a swipe of some bright lipstick and I'll be ready to go.
















Jil Sander Spring 2011 RTW

I can't help but sigh when I see Breton stripes coming down the runway. Along with military and safari, the nautical trend just can't stop coming back season after season. Don't get me wrong, I love anchor buttons, striped shirts and crisp lines as much as the next girl but I can't help feeling as if I'm watching reruns of past fashion shows. That's why this Jil Sander dress is a perfect compromise. I get my stripe fix and I get to keep it fresh. This dress is also the perfect silhouette for those dog days of summer where you just can't be bothered. What's easier than slipping in to a fantastic dress?

No comments: